Because we have been there … we understand your challenges …
The M Group offers experience personnel for every level of operation within a revenue administration organization – e.g. frontline technicians, mid-level management and executive level leadership. Our company Principals are highly regarded executives with a proven record of accomplishments. The M Group Principals, Consultants and Associates are
- Disciplined in quality principles, including ISO 9001-2000, and average 25 years of experience in key areas of domestic and international tax, customs and financial systems.
- They have modernized and run treasury, tax and revenue operations in their respective countries and bring with them a wealth of best practices gleaned from modernization consulting engagements performed around the world.
- They have consulted and directed consulting activities for clients in the United States, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Canada, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean. Through its consultants, the company has worked frequently on projects funded by the World Bank, ADB, EU, USAID, USTDA and other international funding organizations.
Mark Cox: founded the M-Group in 1997 after concluding over 27 years with the IRS specializing in Information Technology. After completing the Senior Executive Services Program with IRS, he served in several key executive level positions including District Director, Deputy CIO, and Modernization Executive. Upon retiring from IRS, he founded the M-Group, Inc. Mark has provided technical support to e-government and e-commerce deployment in Hong Kong, Victoria British Columbia, Philippines, Kenya, El Salvador and Pakistan. Mark also served as advisor to the DGI modernization project in Algeria. In addition to the above, Mark served as Department Chair and Master Professor of Information Technology at Western International University. Mark holds BA and MA degrees and is a graduate of the Harvard Business School’s Advanced Management Program.
- Yassiemine (Yassie) Hodges: has been certified by the IMF TADAT Secretariat as a trained TADAT Assessor. She has over 35 years’ practical experience in overall Tax Administration at the frontline, midlevel and senior level positions in various countries including USA, Philippines, Kenya, Pakistan, Taiwan, Malawi, Liberia, Jordan and Afghanistan. Yassie was a former Director of Compliance in Washington D.C. with responsibility for Audit, Collection/Enforcement, Criminal Investigations and Compliance Research. She served as a member of the Executive Steering Committee responsible for the Office of Tax and Revenue Integrated Tax Management System in Washington, DC. She has experience in conducting business process reviews to determine areas of vulnerabilities, overall program effectiveness and providing recommendations for improvements. As a former IRS Resident Lead Instructor with responsibility for compliance related training, she has extensive hands on experience developing and conducting both technical and managerial training courses to promote capacity building throughout tax administration organizations. Yassie holds an MBA in Global / International Management and a BA Degree in Accounting.
- Barry Larking: has over 30 years experience in international tax, and leads the work of The M Group on tax content and tax process design services. After graduating from Oxford University and spending a number of years in the City as a UK tax lawyer, he moved to the Netherlands and has worked there for the last 29 years in Dutch, EU and international tax, for organizations such as the IBFD and KPMG. For the last 7 years Barry has headed up KPMG’s EU Tax Centre driving tax content to tax professionals and clients worldwide. During that time he made presentations in over 30 countries worldwide and authored numerous articles, news stories, and videos on EU and international tax. He is the author of two major rewrites of IBFD’s International Tax Glossary and a former special tax advisor to the United Nations. Barry is a native English speaker, fluent in Dutch, and with a professional working knowledge of French and German.
- Hafiz Choudhury: has over 30 years’ experience in tax policy and administration operations worldwide – with an emphasis on International Taxation. A former Director with the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD), Hafiz has extensive experience in the research and process reviews of international tax policy and application. He serves on the United Nations Extractive Industries Taxation Subcommittee, (where he co-authored the Decommissioning paper) and on the Transfer Pricing Subcommittee, (where he is the general editor of the UN Transfer Pricing Manual). Hafiz’ experience ranges from making assessments of tax administration efficiency, advising on BPR and change management, to appropriate information technology to enhance overall efficiency. He has worked in locations as diverse as India, Qatar, Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Bangladesh, India, Seychelles, Pakistan, Mongolia, Latvia and China. He graduated from London University with a Masters degree in International Relations, and joined HM Board of Inland Revenue in the UK (now HMRC), where he received his professional tax training. He is currently based in Washington D.C.
- Dave Tiplady: has over 29 years’ experience in systems integration with Unisys, EDS, financial institutions, cheque clearing systems, and pension benefits systems. His expertise is in the government and corporate IT environments with a focus on Enterprise Systems Integration. Dave has practical experience with the full IT Life Cycle project development – Identify, Capture, Deliver AND Support. As a result, he understands most IT related problems and is able to provide innovative solutions to correct the deficiencies. He is an experienced manager with excellent coaching and skills transfer abilities. Dave holds a BSc Hons in Mathematics and is a member of Association of Project Management with full Project Management Certification.
- Darryl Harker: has over 28 years’ experience in the private and public sector as a strategic advisor. He has extensive career experience working with law enforcement and national security organizations. He has served as a Senior Policy Advisor, Policy Analyst, and Special Assistant to the Department of Solicitor General in Canada. He has consulted on close to 150 different assignments to over 50 client organizations, including the British Columbia Ministry of Revenue to several Canadian Federal Ministers and Senior Executives of the Crown. His services ranged from Strategy development, strategic planning and change management; to Business, and organizational models and structures; to Business Process Reviews; to Performance management and accountability; to eServices. Darryl holds a BA from Carleton University and an MPA from Queen’s University.